Despite everything 2020 has thrown at us, we’ve managed to make it to November. It’s time to meet up with our families and to give thanks for everyone who made it through a very rough year. At Schultz Auto & Truck Repair, we couldn’t have lasted without your patronage and support during this summer. It’s you that we’re most thankful for.
We hope you’ll roast a turkey and raise a glass to everyone you love. To the uncles and cousins you may disagree with politically but still love. To the friends and neighbors who helped you and looked out for your family when toilet paper was at a premium. To the loved ones who can’t come to the feast because they are vulnerable and worried about gathering in groups, still.
As we give thanks for all we have this year and for each other, one forgotten entity you rely on daily deserves your recognition and respect. I am of course talking about your vehicle. What else will brave the weather for you, allow you to beat the traffic in on time, and keep you happy and steady while you fight the day’s traffic?
There are both small things and big things you can do to show gratitude to the vehicle you depend on every day. Among the small thing are:
- Giving your car a thorough wash, including a vacuum of the leaves and debris from the engine intakes, which will help prevent particulates and debris getting into your cars systems.
- Cleaning your car inside, which will help prevent allergens and molds getting into you!
- Bring your car to the out if your car will need anything before the busy holiday season makes repairs difficult to come by.
These things may seem superficial, but bear in mind that you are going to feel more protective of a cleaner vehicle and be happier in it, too. It’s about protecting yourself and your environment as much as protecting the value in your vehicle! Beyond that, there are bigger things that your Schultz Auto & Truck Repair mechanic can do to thank your vehicle:
- Look into winter tires and winterizing your vehicle if you will be potentially driving in harsh weather this season!
- Get an wheel alignment if it’s been some time since the last one and your steering isn’t as steady as it once was. It can head off other problems and keeps you from winding up in a ditch if the problem is suddenly exacerbated by terrible weather.
- Flushes will clean out debris, fluids, and particulates from the systems of your engine and help to extend your vehicle’s life. If you have not done this before, it’s a good idea to ask your mechanic about it.
If you’d like to do a bit more to thank your vehicle for the support it’s given you by supporting it, schedule an appointment with Schultz Auto & Truck Repair for preventive maintenance on your car, truck, van, SUV, family fleet, or work fleet of vehicles. We’re conveniently located at 5085 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, NY 14075, and we are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. See you soon!