Ahhh… February. The month of love. We tend to think about romantic love for a partner, but don’t forget to show love for your friends, family, pets, and even your car. The best way to show love for your car is through a regular maintenance program. It matters. Period. It’s not uncommon for cars to make it to the 300,000 or even 400,000 mile marker when preventive maintenance has been a priority. We all know there aren’t any guarantees, but we also know that without a doubt, preventive maintenance will help you get the most out of your vehicle and it will definitely extend it’s life.
Just like you know that if you eat well, get enough rest, and exercise, you’ll get the most out of YOUR life! You will function and feel better just like your car. How do I love thee, dear car? Let me count the ways that I can show you:
- Tire care: checking tread depth, overall wear and tear including side walls, checking regularly for proper inflation, regular tire rotation, balancing, and alignment.
- Fluids: Oil is the obvious one, but don’t forget about the others; windshield wiper, transmission, brake, radiator, power steering, and air conditioning. They all help to make your car work properly. When fluids get old, they break down in viscosity and can’t do their job.
- Belts and hoses: check these to make certain they are not loose and aren’t wearing down. No one wants a snapped belt!
- Wiper blades: easy to check for chips in the rubber. You can also spray them down with a little bit of rubbing alcohol to help cut down on streaking.
- Filters: cabin, oil, air, engine. Keep them clean and you will be happy.
- Battery: check for corrosion around the cables. You can use baking soda and water on a wire brush to keep it from building up.
There are many more ways you can show love to your car, but this a terrific start. The team at Schultz Auto & Truck Repair in Hamburg would love to partner with you to help you show your car great love. Make your appointment today. Schultz Auto & Truck Repair is conveniently located at 5085 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, NY 14075 and we are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. See you soon!