Welcome to April’s blog! We hope that Spring has been treating you kindly. We’re a quarter of the year in right now, and things have begun to look up in almost every part of life!
With Spring in bloom and Summer on the way, it’s a good time to remember that the summer heat can be murder. When you know what to expect year after year, you unconsciously just began preparing for some of it. But for some of you, Hamburg summers are relatively new and punishing. Here’s a quick guide to preparing yourself for the worst of our season:
- Put your air conditioner through its paces. It’s a good idea to know now if you’re a/c can’t take the summer heat. Test it to make sure it is responsive and generates enough cool air when you need it.
- Treat the interior to a massage. Use the right kind of cleaning solution for your interior (consoles, buttons, and seats) and wipe it down. Vinyl can crack and blister in the sun, so be sure to moisten it once in a while if you’re going to be leaving it out in the sun.
- Crack the windows when the weather’s fair. If you can find an opportunity, let a soft breeze cool your car down.
- Quest for shade. Get in the habit of arriving early and looking for shady parking. With
- Top up your fluids. Your vehicle needs its fluids right now, especially coolant! Bring your car in to get a fluid top-up to protect your engine in the worst of the heatwave.
Don’t forget to bring your vehicle into Schultz Auto Repair if you need to schedule a fluid top-up for your car, truck, van, SUV, family fleet, or work fleet of vehicles. We’re conveniently located at 5085 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, NY 14075, and we are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. See you soon!